2017: April 18, 25, May 2, 9, 23
Engineering No.14 Building, 2nd floor, No.144 classroom
1. Concepts of Residential Environment
Elements of Residential Environment
2. Evaluation of Residential Environment
Hedonic Approach, Contingent Valuation Method, etc.
Evaluation by Physical Indicators, Comprehensive Indices
3. Projects and Policies to Improve Residential Environment
Theoretical Aspects on Projects and Policies
(1) Describe the level of residential environment of the neighborhood of your house in view of safety, health, convenience, amenity and sustainability.
(2) Evaluate these factors (i.e., safety, health, convenience, amenity and sustainability) of the residential environment in 10 point scale.
(3) Pick up other several areas (preferably more than 10 areas) that are familiar to you, and evaluate the areas in view of these factors in 10 point scale.
(4) Rank all these areas as well as the neighborhood of your house in the order of your preference.
(5) Try to explain the order of your preference above quantitatively with your 10-point-scale evaluations. Try to estimate the evaluation function which is consistent with your preference of areas (preferably using regression analysis or a similar method).
1) Academic record will be graded based on the evaluation of submitted term paper and participation in the classes.
2) You can write the term paper either in English or Japanese.
3) Do not forget to write down your affiliation (master/doctor year, faculty, department, course), student ID no. and name. Staple the term paper at the upper left corner.
4) If you used references and/or web site, write down the reference name (author(s), published year, title, publisher or journal, volume number if any) and/or URL and short summary of the content.
5) If you have questions, you can ask them by sending e-mail to me. My e-mail address is: email@example.com
6) Submit your term paper no later than June 6 (Tue) to Asamifs office (Room No.901 in the Engineering No.14 Building). You can also send it to me via e-mail or post mail to:
Yasushi Asami, Department of Urban Engineering, University of Tokyo, 7-3-1, Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656.
7) Your opinion on the lecture and topics covered in the lecture, or related issues is very welcome to include in your term paper.